Christian Ministry Resources
CHURCH TAX, CHURCH LAW, CHURCH RISK, CHURCH SAFETY
Part of the LifeandLeadership.com ministry resources on Church Administration
- Ministry Resources on Church Tax
- Ministry Resources on Church Law
- Ministry Resources on Church Risk Management
- Ministry Resources on Church Safety, Protecting Children, Youth, and Vulnerable Adults
- Related Ministry Resources
**Resources listed in recommended order, unless alphabetical
Ministry Resources on Church Tax (See also Church Finance)
Since church leaders have unique tax responsibilities, burdens, and allowances, such guides are indispensable for the financial health of the minister and family. It is recommended that these volumes be used in conjunction with, not apart from, advice from an accountant or tax attorney, especially in one’s early years of ministry. If after several years of experience one does not feel the need to consult a professional, it is still important to reference these guides, and to get the updated volume for each new tax year.
Dan Busby, Zondervan Church and Non-Profit Organization Tax and Financial Guide — Zondervan’s recommended version of the standardized manuals on the unique tax regulations regarding churches and ministers. Busby has written other one-of-a-kind volumes on related subjects:
Beverly J. Worth, Worth’s Income Tax Guide for Ministers, (Current Year) Edition — A very popular guide for ministers’ taxes.
Richard R. Hammar, J.D., LL.M., CPA. Church and Clergy Tax Guide — The Your Church Magazine/Christianity Today recommended version of the standardized manuals on ministry tax issues.
Ministry Resources on Church Law
- Richard R. Hammar, J.D., LL.M., CPA. Pastor, Church, and Law. Four Volumes — Recognized as the most thorough set of guides to congregational legal issues.
- Paul Chaffee, Accountable Leadership: A Resource Guide for Sustaining Legal, Financial, and Ethical Integrity in Today’s Congregations – Combines legal, administrative, and ethical insights, making it a helpful supplement to the more specialized resources in each of these areas.
- Weycer, Kaplan, Pulaski and Zuper, P.C. Law Firm – A law firm based in Houston, Texas that includes on their website 50+ articles on church administration items that have legal implications.
Ministry Resources on Church Risk Management
- Group Publishing, The Missing Ministry: Safety, Risk Management and Protecting Your Church — A comprehensive manual on risk management produced by Group Publishing in cooperation with Guide One Insurance, which is one of America’s largest insurers of churches (45,000-plus insured).
- Robert M. Cirtin, John M. Edie, and Dennis K. Lewis, Church Safety and Security: A Practical Guide – One of the most widely used and highly recognized volumes on church risk management.
- Ron Aguair, Keeping Your Church Safe— A self-published volume by the Director of Safety and Security at Southeast Christian Church in Louisville, Kentucky.
Ministry Resources on Church Safety, Protecting Children, Youth, and Vulnerable Adults
- Joy Thornburg Melton, Safe Sanctuaries: Reducing the Risk of Abuse in the Church for Children and Youth – The recognized standard on the issue for children and vulnerable adults.
- Jack Crabtree, Better Safe Than Sued: Keeping Your Students and Ministry Alive – This is the standard for teen ministries just as Safe Sanctuaries is for children and vulnerable adults.
Other Ministry Resources on Church Administration:
- Church Administration, General Manuals
- Church Building, Church Design, and Church Architecture
- Stewardship of Church Money, Church Finance
- Church Giving, Tithing, and Financial Stewardship
- Management – Leader-Manager Continuum
- Church Marketing. Church Communication, and Church Advertising
- Church Staff and Ministry Evaluation
Related Ministry Resources:
- Change and Transition for Church Leaders
- Christian Leadership for Conflict in Church
- Church Leadership and Renewal
- Elders, Plural-Elder Church Leadership
- Elders, Policy Governance Models for Church Leaders
- Christian Leadership
- Managing Volunteers
- Ethics for Church Leaders
- Church Staff, Ministry Staff, Ministry Teams
- Pastoral Theology for Church Leaders
- Ministry Resources for Weddings and Funerals
See Resources on Over 100 Areas of Christian Ministry: